Thursday, February 14, 2008

VD, not just an STD

I'm not going to go on and on about VD. How it's a construct of consumerism, yadda-yadda. Actually, to be completely honest, I don't mind constructed corporate holidays. They are holidays after all. Sometimes they are a day off of work, sometimes they are just an excuse for consumerism. Either way, I am not anti-VD because it's "made up" or "a vehicle to make money" because, if you really sit down and think about it, all holidays are "made up" and every single one of them, yes, even Flag Day, invites the greedy little mouths of capitalism to bite in.

I don't like VD because it's very anti single. Sure we can recognize our friends, send love to family. But really, don't we all know deep down inside that valentines day hype is all about romantic love? Hell yeah. So those romantically-starved folks out there are looking at the little hearts and flowers everywhere thinking, "Jeez, why can't it just be Groundhogs day again? That was more fun. And they are much cuter than fat babies with weapons." I know I am.

Bah humbug VD.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home