Monday, October 22, 2007

Moving on... kinda


Well, I still haven't received word back on my car. The weekend and all. I have been online searching for compact fuel-efficient alternatives to my car in case I can't have her back. I probably can't afford it, but I really like these three vehicles: the Honda Fit, the Scion XA and the Toyota Yaris (in pretty much that order). I would like a hybrid or natural gas powered vehicle but they are rather pricey and reportedly not as energy efficient or cost-saving as reported. Regardless, I'm pretty sure I can't afford a new new car and I'm hoping the get MY car back anyway. But it's fun to look - distracting at the least until I find out the fate of my civic. At left is a picture of just some of the damage that was done.

Today I have a bit of a post-call hangover. That's when you're not immediately post-call (like I was yesterday) - those days you are just wasted. I think I spent an hour staring at my laundry post-call (not doing it, mind you, just staring at it). But today, the day after being post-call, is the day of the hangover. I'm sleepy, have a hard time concentrating and can be generally grouchy (although I escaped the grouchiness today - probably because the sun was out for a few hours and I reveled in it from patient rooms).

I did some surgery today which was cool. It was a facial tumor removal as well so I had to be especially careful with my stitching techniques. The attending thinks I did a "perfect job". (Awwww). It felt good to get a compliment (they are so few and far between in internship). I'm definitely getting slicker with suturing and, thanks to pathology, have decent scalpel skills overall. But there are a lot of techniques and little things here and there that I still don't have a good grasp at. Practice practice practice right? Any volunteers? ;) (My Step-Mom is exempt since she let me extract millia when she was visiting).

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home