Friday, October 05, 2007

kittens and cable




Had to post this. It made me laugh so hard I scared the cat. I still think Scrubs is the most realistic medical show on TV. However, they do sit around a lot and talk about stuff. And they all manage to have lunch together, or the same days off. In real life? Not so much.

Anyway, the first week of the new rotation is moving along well. I have had pretty much normal business hours (8ish-5ish) except for Wednesday which managed to be a 13-hour day. Mostly because I had an "off panel" patient. What is this "off panel" I speak of? It's when the TFM resident in-patient panel is full to their limit of patients, but TFM patients keep getting admitted. Then those that are admitted aren't on the regular panel but off panel (aha! a term that makes sense) they are also occasionally called pop-offs because sometimes they are on panel and pop off the panel to make room for other patients. These off panel patients still need a doctor to see them everyday. So it usually falls to their primary care provider (PCP) to round on them. Cue: moi.

I had part of the morning to do errands today. And thanks to the time difference I was able to call AAA of Michigan at the crack of dawn here in Tacoma and work out them paying for my windshield repair. The errand that really did me in was my cable bill. Get this: I got a special cable deal for $33/service/month for one year. It included a cable box and remote which I never used. They sat in my closet for three months. I finally decided to return them to Comcast, as I am a generous person and would never hold Comcast property hostage unnecessarily. Bathed in light on a sunny, early September day, fate was smiling and I passed the equipment to a Comcast employee serendipitously parked in front of my building. "Here," I said, "you guys can have this back, I don't need them."

Then I was socked with a bigger bill.

Apparently I should have left their junk rotting in my closet. The extra features from the cable box were part of the deal and my sunkissed generosity came back and bit me on the ass.

After some finagling and my "sweet voice" I finally got my deal back.

Comcast 1: Liz 1
but the game is not over....

One last rant: Why does Comcast have to call to try and convince me to change my phone? And why does Qwest (my phone company) have to call to try and convince me to change my cable? Can't they just take all the money I give them every single month and be happy?

Hm... maybe I should give myself another point for not being suckered in by either of them!
Comcast 1: Qwest 0: Liz 2 (woo-hoo!)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home