Thursday, August 02, 2007

V8 philosophies?

I read a lot. Or, rather, I used to read a lot - before med school. Point being, when I'm walking down the street, and some old guy (shuffling with his trucker hat and smile, a wise-looking complete stranger, with whom I've yet to even have eye contact) starts talking to me, and I'm feeling rather open-minded, I half expect some sort of life lesson. An unexpected message that will have deeper significance when I look back on what the stranger said. It happens all the time in books. So when he started talking I started listening:

"That spicy V8 juice is really spicy." He said. I stopped walking and looked back at him as we had passed each other by a few feet. I was expecting a comment on the nice day, or some such hello-type introduction.
"Oh?" I asked, when I finally figured out what he had just said.
"It's really spicy! I had to eat a banana to get the spice out!"
"That spicy, eh?"
He nods. He's very excited to share this information. "I like regular V8, though!"
"That's great!" I offer. Then we are on our separate ways. Me, somewhat dumbfounded why he decided to share this with me. I must look like someone who requires the most up-to-date V8 information.

I'll be sure to let you all know when and if this V8 message becomes deeply significant. Until then, the lesson learned is that eye contact is not required to have random street conversations, and no topic, including Tabasco-infused vegetable based beverages, is off-limits.

I've been promising to put a few links on here:
1. A funny music video a comedian did about gay marriage (even has special effects): click here
2. The resident biographies for those of us at TFM. You can read my brief bio and those of my classmates if you click here.

And on a related note. I think it was last week? Or maybe the week before when we met over at Liza's for pasta. Liza has a ferret. So I snapped some pics that were all very bad (ferrets aren't the most photogenic) but Liza took a picture of me and Beth scrunching the ferret (left).

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home