Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Cowboy

I have learned that my program is considered a "Cowboy" FP program. For some this makes sense. For others there are visions of pretty horses and 10-gallon hats. To clear up the confusion I posted the following on my Facebook page. I'll put it down again here on my Blog for everyone else. Excuse the nerdy X-Files reference but two points for everyone who recognized it!

"Cowboy = hard core.
"In other words, after these three years you supposedly can put me in the middle of nowhere with a scalpel and stethoscope, tell me the truth is out there, and I can fix anything. ;) Cut out an appendix, deliver a baby (any which way it needs to be delivered) and resurrect the dead - you name it. True go-get-em cowboy style. Of course, I have to hand my soul over to my program for safekeeping while they prepare me. Horsies are much more fun."

And speaking of souls - I have to admit that I am feeling mighty drained, and my first vacation of the year gets closer and closer I start to think I may see light at the end of the tunnel.

Overall, Derm/Family/Gyn is going well. Life is quasi normal-ish I suppose. I get to see Mt. Rainier on the way to work Mondays, Tuesdays and Fridays which is swell. Assuming the fog isn't crazy and it isn't raining - um, which is kinda most the time. But that last couple days have been special.

Oh, and I got my car registered. It has a fancy license plate in the front! That's right, here in WA they ear their plates in the front and the back. So West Coast.

If ya'll are lucky I may come back and post about my fabulous adventures this weekend in Seattle and at the Zoo. Here's a sweet floating Walrus and Helene being touristy and blurry. (first pic is another one of my awesome sunsets. The silver lining to a rainy day.)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home