Wednesday, December 16, 2009

For a Cheeto

Wrote this ditty in my head in the elevator today. Proof I might be going mad.

Little Cheeto in the hall,
What careless eater let you fall?
The cleaning lady was just here,
And left you sitting in the clear.
Your orangey self, posed on the rug
Staring at me, oh so smug.
I had some carrots and snap peas,
A little taste of low fat cheese.
The Holidays loom so near,
My waist is getting big, I fear.
And there you are right by my toe,
Cheesy, salty, just below.
The elevator! Ding! I'm saved!
Just in time before I caved!
Little Cheeto on the floor
I win, you lose, next time it's war.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Goodbye Dad Bod said...

love it

7:01 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

you need to send this into the New Yorker!!! This is the kind of poetry I can get behind.

12:37 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Post-call morning before breakfast... :)

10:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home