Tuesday, October 12, 2010

The consequence of a right-brained person in a left-brain world

This is what happens when you take a person's creative energy, smash it up into little bits and make them memorize things like the brachial plexus, or what every cell in the human body looks like under a high-powered microscope.Not sure what that octopus is doing on there... it's possible it started the whole downward doodle spiral. Octopuses have been known to do that.

Below, I started out drawing cute little flowers. I swear. But then the monotony of lecture got the best of me and evidently I felt a little homicidal. Remember, this is all pre-laptop in the classroom so all I had for extra stimulation was pen and paper.



Found this other nugget on the back of a handout. Thought the handout wasn't worth keeping, but the doodle was pretty telling. Sive looks so skinny in this one.

It is supposed to read "O.R.... Class... Floor... Clinic... ONE THOUGHT" Obviously I was feeling sleep-deprived even in 3rd year of medical school! I think the "Am I really done?" comment refers to something we were drilled in 3rd year that I have now blocked out.

I've been digging all of these doodles up while cleaning out my office things. I also found a comic I wrote (and posted on Facebook for Coming Out Day) about my friend taking a stand to some homophobic attendings/residents. True story.

Click on the image to see it larger (and maybe be able to actually read it).

Stay tuned for possibly more true stories of the horrors of medical school. There are some other little writings and such that I may transcribe and post on here (if they aren't too terrifying). But thought I'd share some of the the drawings first. Enjoy!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Phil said...

I could see a line of cellular-level t-shirts out of these drawings. Or the Dastardly Daisy collection.

7:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home