Wednesday, March 21, 2007

The Match


On March 15th we all sat in a banquet hall waiting for our names to be read. Once our name was read aloud we walked/ran/waltzed/shuffled up on stage to open the envelope at the podium and announce in the microphone our Match results. Nerve wracking and exciting. Non-medical students who were there said the tension was palpable.

Overall it was pretty fun. Some of my classmates made a really sweet and funny video using pictures from the last four years and video clips.

Me, I matched at Tacoma Family Medicine (http://www.tacomafamilymedicine.org) in Tacoma, WA! Initially I had thought I'd be ending up in Portland, OR but I'm actually happier going to Tacoma. It's a stronger program and such a gorgeous location (photos are from the window of the hotel Suhani and I stayed in courtesy of TFM and from the glass bridge in tacoma). Check out the "highlights" on the link! Pretty sweet stuff.

I'm excited and scared at the same time! I am excited to go out there and look for a place to live. I'm scared to work my tail off at one of the most intense and rigorous family medicine training programs in the US. I'm excited to meet new people and and start my life as an MD. I'm scared to meet new people and start my life as an MD.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home