Friday, September 08, 2006

The sewing machine


My second call. It was initially pretty slow until an MVA around noon- then it really picked up. The MVA was a little old lady who was in the rear passenger area of a sedan when it got rear-ended at low speed. The other four in the vehicle were fine. She's diabetic and frail so we wanted to r/o fracture.

The docs here read their won films. There's no radiologist. I find that really neat. I got a good XR review from the doc I took call with that night.

Later I stitched up a head wound. Even later I stitched a knee (20 stitches, 4 deep, 5 mattress stitches and then a running stitch across the rest of the wound). I admitted an elderly gentleman as well. An interesting case but not one I can talk about here. Patients were sent to Gallup for ultrasounds and Fort Defiance for head CT's. It was a busy night and I ended up staying later than my shift to finish the admission (all on paper, by they way, per government form documentation which isn't that much different than the typical M3 H&P).

Back home in just enough time to get 7 hours sleep before pre-rounding tomorrow (and to write this bit). Indicator of how busy I've been this week: bought a Snickers bar on Monday in Gallup. Haven't even thought to eat it yet. Will probably put it in my bag for tomorrow.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home